Anatomy is a subcategory of the biological sciences that I concerned with the structure of living things and their functions. Anatomy is divided into gross anatomy (macroscopic) and microscopic anatomy. Simply put, gross anatomy is something that can be observed with the unaided eye. Microscopic anatomy is the study of anatomical structures that can only be observed under a microscope.
Human anatomy is a basic medical science and should be mastered by anyone wishing to go into a medical profession. It can be taught regionally; by the area of the body a structure is in, or systematically; by the system the structure is a part of. There is also comparative anatomy that compares the structure of different animals.
The structures in our body are grouped into systems that each serves a different function for the body. If one of these systems are not in working order, our bodies would not function properly and would need medical attention. These systems are (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_human_anatomical_features):
- Cardiovascular system: the blood circulation with heart, arteries and veins
- Digestive system: processing food with mouth, esophagus, stomach and intestines.
- Endocrine system: communicating within the body using hormones
- Urinary system: eliminating wastes from the body
- Immune system: defending against disease-causing agents (includes the Lymphatic system)
- Integumentary system: skin, hair and nails
- Muscular system: moving the body with muscles
- Nervous system: collecting, transferring and processing information with brain and nerves
- Reproductive system: the sex organs
- Respiratory system: the lungs and the trachea
Whether you are taking physiology class, looking to be a nutrition major or preparing to go to medical school, you definitely want a firm grasp of the human anatomy. It is the foundations on which you will learn the processes and functions of each involved structure. Not knowing the basic human anatomy as a science or applied science major would be like a mathematician that doesn’t know the multiplication table or a musician that doesn’t know how to read sheet music.
If you are currently taking a anatomy class or need to learn anatomical structures for a related course and seem to be struggling on getting through the material, don’t worry, look below and find a private tutor that can help you understand the human anatomy like the back of your hand. Tutorspree can connect you with a private tutor that will come to the meeting location of your choice and bring with him a customized lesson plan that will make the session as productive as possible. Do yourself a favor and find a tutor today.